Thursday, 29 April 2010

Royal College of Nursing Congress - where I met some student nurses and Nick Clegg


Well, I'm really not updating the blog as much as I'd like. I've been completely run off my feet lately with work and Inkspill Magazine.

On Tuesday I was at the RCN Congress Student Day in Bournemouth for work (I am an editorial assistant on the Nursing list for Pearson Education). It took a while for me to get there on the train (3.5 hour there, 3.5 hours back!), but it was a good day. I was there with the commissioning editor and the marketing manager. We had our own book stall with a nice selection of our titles. Sold quite a few, and collected quite a few questionnaires for some research we are doing.

I had a wander around, and there were tonnes of stalls from health care recruitment to NHS stalls, army recruitment to food and beauty stalls. Lots of freebies (though I didn't take many). There was also a stall giving out free massages, but I didn't think that would have been quite appropriate while I was meant to be working!

The most exciting part of the day was the unexpected arrival of Nick Clegg. I jokingly said we should get him to sign one of our books, and the editor dared me to do it. So I did! He signed a nice copy of 'Becoming a Nurse' for us, which we then put back on the book stand to be sold.

It was a very long day, but it is nice to get out of the office every now and then, and to get chatting to the students we sell our books to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...