Saturday, 21 November 2009

Tiny Tweeted Tales

By now, most net-savvy people will probably have heard of the social networking site Twitter - a place to connect to people by posting 'tweets' of 140 characters or less.

Flash fiction is extremely popular at the moment, but sites like Twitter are proving a platform for even shorter stories. Tiny, tiny miniscule stories. And these kinds of stories are becoming quite trendy in todays fast-paced technology-driven world.

Here are three Twitter-based micro-zines which I follow. If you have a Twitter account, you might like to follow them too.

@SixWordStory - For sale: baby shoes, never worn. Supposedly Hemingway's best work. Tweet your six-word story to @sixwordstory now!

@VeryShortStory
- Twitter sized fiction for your entertainment. Stories by @sean_hill. Feedback welcomed. Send me a noun and I'll use the ones that inspire me in a story. Thanks.

@TweetTheMeat - Twitter Horrorzine. Fear in 140 characters or less.

If you've come across any good ones, feel free to share them in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. There are so many of these outlets now!

    Its weird, I've written so much flash that I find it difficult to write longer stuff, yet I rarely enjoy reading flash (The league excepted). I just find it a bit gimmicky...

    It gets even worse with micro fiction, it tends to be more about being clever than actual stories.

    The last two pieces of yours I've read are really good, don't waste your talent on this stuff too much.

    I guess its all down to taste... you still rate Watchmen?? :) :) :)

    ART

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...