Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award



This is quite exciting. After years of blogging, and nearly two thousand hits on this blog, after seeing these little blogger awards cropping up on other people's blogs... I've been awarded this little badge of honor!

(I'm asuming it has been spelt 'Kreativ' cos truely creative people don't follow rules like spelling... Ha ha, I jest.)

I think that passing these kinds of badges around is a great way to network between blogs, and drum up some awareness for the blogs that you enjoy and think everyone should read too.

So, thank you to Sage Darien for awarding me this badge.

Now to fulfil my badge-holder responsibilities:

Terms of acceptance include forwarding the same award to 7 other more deserving bloggers, who must follow the instructions below:

1. Copy and paste the pretty picture which you see at the top of this post onto your own blog.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award and post a link to their blog.
3. Write 7 things about yourself we do not know.
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award.
5. Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6. Notify your 7 bloggers.

Seven things about me you do not know:

1. When I was little, I used to think that dogs were made entirely of fur, all the way through.

2. I love baths. The bath is the best place to read.

3. I heard this quote recently: 'Love is a misunderstanding between two fools.'

4. I'm rather fascinated by masks. I love all the carnival masks of Venice. I adore the masquerade scene in 'Labyrinth' - mimicing that is my idea of a perfect birthday party. I'm interested in the philosophies of masks...

5. I have a thing for pretty photo frames, but never know what photos to put in them.

6. I used to have a pet rabbit who I called Mary Jane (MJ for short) after a character from 'Spiderman'. I loved that rabbit.

7. The sky is spectacularly beautiful, in my opinion.


Here are seven bloggers, in addition to Sage Darien who continually entertain and inspire me:

1. Vanessa Gebbie's News - Vanessa is a great writer, whose short stories have won so many prizes I've lost count. I loved her collection 'Words from a Glass Bubble', which is available from Salt. Her blog is always interesting.

2. Writerly Type - This blog is full of snappy, interesting posts from a great creative writer.

3. Robert Aquino Dollesin - News, thoughts, memories and recommendations from another great writer.

4. Inkygirl: Daily Diversions for Writers - Does what it says on the tin. I love her cartoons.

5. Sandra's Blog - 'One writer's journey to fulfillment... and stuff.' An entertaining and insightful blog.

6. Unspoken Words - Bob Jacobs set up and ran the writing forum crittersbar.com but has now taken a step back from that to write his first novel.

7. Steven J Dines - Writer of dark and literary fiction. I always find Steven's opinions both interesting and intelligent. Oh, and he's a great writer, too.

Well, there you go. I hope you enjoy those blogs as much as I do. There are so many more I could have added to this list.

5 comments:

  1. It was my sincere pleasure to give you this award, Sophie, and you richly deserve it. See, persistence DOES pay off! ;-) Now I'm going to dig into the 7 blogs you've given the award to, and expand my horizons even more. Thank you for fulfilling the terms of the award and sharing these fine resources! P.S. I agree with you -- the sky is magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks for the mention, Sophie. I'll go and post it on my blog now!
    Cheers, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Sophie, thank you so much! Im always late on these things, and wont be able to do clever lists for a few days yet... but will think of something suitably interesting. I hope.

    Vx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for including me in your list, Sophie. My first blogger award! (punches air in an 80's John Hughes movie style). I really should update the thing more often though!

    Steven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie,
    Aw thanks for the award -- can I call myself an award-winning blogger (if not writer)now?

    Rx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...