Friday, 18 September 2009

Not Forgetting... To Support Each Other!

A while ago, I mentioned Jennysha, a graduate who blogs for Prospects, in my post Ugly Betty is Stealing My Job. Well, she repaid the favour and mentioned me in her blog! (Jennysha's Blog.) In my post, I mentioned that all us graduates looking to crack the publishing industry are, in essence, all in competition with each other - there are very few jobs about, and too many people applying for them. Jennysha raised a much more important point: even though that is the case, we should all be supporting each other, too. And yes, I couldn't agree more, Jennysha. Publishing is a tough business, and so it is always nice to have some friends who are in the same position. We can share stories and experiences, ultimately making ourselves feel a little less isolated during quite a lonely period!

1 comment:

  1. you have a great list of talents! please do share some of your drawings as well. i enjoy the things you write about, they're very relevant to many writers in grad school today. a little less isolated is always a big help !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...