Wednesday, 10 June 2009

The Rotten Foundations of Wonderland - Short Story Trailer

Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon here after seeing Catherine J Gardner (at The Poisoned Apple) and Aaron Polson (at The Other Aaron) create movie trailers for their short stories. I thought it was a great idea and, since I'm a lazy unemployed bum with time on her hands, I decided to have a crack at it (no pun intended).

I'm fairly tech-savy... well, I'm not too bad, and I thought it wouldn't take me long to get to grips with Windows Movie Maker (I hadn't even realised that it was on my computer), but this took me a grand total of six hours to make, including spending a fair bit of time looking for the right images! Plus I had to do a little photo-shopping. And then I kept getting all the text wrong. And then I had to try and make it last exactly as long as the music I had chosen... haha...

I just hope I haven't infridged any copyright laws...

So, here it is.

9 comments:

  1. Very cool, I want to read! ... although I'm not sure what wanting to read a story only after seeing a video trailer says about my personality :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys :)

    Joe, I'm hoping to get the story published at some point, so I'll point you in the direction of the publication if you really want to read it ;) (Or I could send you it personally, though I'm still working on it at the moment.) It's about 1.5k words, so not too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video is fantastic and the story sounds awesome. It took me about six hours too, and that was with using my own images. Still it was six hours of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea! I remember ME started doing these trailers a couple of years ago - a good idea, we're a very visually oriented society. And everyone wants to make films!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, Cap - I love it! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Catherine, Ian and BSS :)

    BSS, you should make one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks cool Soph. You should check out animoto.com too for making these kinds of vids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tip, Tracy, and cheers for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...